jake

jake
Face Lazer as "Jake". Christening the inside sleeve of the Singing Spoons "Chedr?!?!?" cassette. 1988

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

While Stricken I Watched THE GUNS OF NAVARONE on Blu-Ray



Is there any movie in which Gregory Peck doesn't look like a smug prick in it?

I must apologize, I have been deathly ill for a week. This film was on price cut at the local Satanic Big Box
store so I picked it up. I needed something to feverishly go in and out of consciousness to. I barely made it out of there without passing out in the aisles. As of this moment of posting I am sweating and watching this hilarious classic. My favorite part so far is when they describe these guns of Navarone and in the background the huge fake canons fire. Peck looks like he's had a cigarette surgically attached to his lip. There's a guy that looks like Fred Grandy (Gopher ala Love Boat). Everything is "bloody" this and "bloody" that when any Englishmen are on the screen. This film is my second or third "impossible, suicidal" mission movie I've watched in the last month. Not sure what that's about.
This blu-ray print is beautiful and it is so lovely to see real landscape shots instead of CGI.
Whoahh, Anthony Quinn  keeps slapping a Ringo Starr/Freddie Mercury impersonator. Highly recommended. 

I remember watching this on late night cable tv a few years ago and thinking "those guys are having a real hard time getting to those cannons. This is taking forever."

Also, don't ever eat these. These are horrible. Flavorless mush.


No comments:

Post a Comment